A group of MG enthusiasts formed the Gold Coast MG Car Club Inc. (GCMGCC) in April 1976 as a single marque club to be based on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
The club was primarily formed to provide social style events, catering for a group of members who sought to enjoy their MG vehicles.
From humble beginnings the club today has a membership in excess of 300 members.
Club members have a variety of MG models covering production years of manufacture from pre-war MGs to MGBs, RV8s, MGFs, Z type saloons and the latest MG3 and MG GS SUV.
Club activities have resumed, but with provisions to meet Governmet requirements.
Click the “Event Title” for more information
Members may register impromptu runs through the Club’s website, understanding that these runs are not endorsed as activities by the Committee or the Club.
Coronavirus club run requirements
- Will need to preregister / notify their proposed attendance. If not done and you turn up, you will be asked to leave and not participate.
- If you feel ill or have been in contact with someone who is ill, please stay home.
- Practice safe hand hygiene. (Hand Sanitiser will be available for members use.)
- Do not share food or utensils
And, to meet the requirement of no more than 20 persons at an outdoor gathering, at the pre-run briefing and at morning tea and/or lunch breaks:
- Members are to stay in groups of no more than 20 persons, preferably with the same members as at the pre-run briefing, and to social distance (ie keep 1.5m apart) in the group.
- The 20 member groups are requested not to co-mingle. (it is noted that Police have been checking this requirement).
- If the run organisers arrange for the lunch to be at a venue (ie. club or pub) preference will be given to the first members to register for the run.
- Due to the number of members attending Coffee Runs, it may be necessary for these to be in parks near shops, so members can choose whether to BYO or buy at a café.
Photos of the November Mid-Week run and Coffee run to Garage25 Cafe and Tony Longhurst Museum plus past club runs and events can be viewed on the Gallery page.